Last Updated: November 29, 2018
By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, do not use the Site. Your access of the Site for the limited and exclusive purpose of reviewing this Policy does not constitute your acceptance of this Policy unless you make any further access or use of our Site.
We may update this Policy from time to time, so please check this page periodically for updates. When we update the Policy, we will post the new Policy on this page and change the date at the top of the Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to the Policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES MAR-LIN COLLECT?
Mar-Lin or a third party service provider may collect the following types of personal information:
- If you use the Sites or otherwise do business with us or at our restaurant, you may provide us with your first name, last name, postal address and/or zip code, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, and military or veteran status.
- If you choose to access our social network pages, or connect or otherwise link to our Sites with your own social network page, we may collect social network profile information that you have made publicly available through your social network account settings. We also take steps to listen to our customers and public feedback on social media, and may collect and analyze publicly available social media posts.
When you pay your bill at one of our restaurant, or if you make purchases through the Sites, you may provide us with your financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information.
- If you use our mobile application, information such as your user ID, and your location may be collected.
- If you take a survey, apply for a job, contact us, or interact with us in various other ways, demographic information, dining preferences, and other information you choose to provide, such as resume information, may be collected.
- We may automatically collect Site usage information when you visit the Sites, such as your domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, mobile device model, Internet service provider, Site access times, websites that referred you to us, and web pages within our Sites that you visit.
When you visit our Sites, we may also automatically infer general location information (e.g., city, state) based on your IP address, or when using our mobile app, through GPS information (if you elect to give our app permission to access your location).
Our Sites use web beacons, cookies and other similar technologies to store and understand more information about you, such as, including without limitation, Site usage, and to monitor Site traffic and usage patterns to improve Site functionality. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A web beacon is an object that is embedded in a web page or email that allows us to understand whether the web page or email has been viewed.
Mar-Lin or third party service providers may also collect or create aggregated or anonymous data that does not directly identify you from usage activity on our Sites, or supplement its data with aggregate data compiled from third party sources. If you opt-in to one of our rewards programs or other marketing campaigns, we may also collect information about you to supplement your program profile.
HOW DOES MAR-LIN USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Mar-Lin may use information collected to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Sites and our business.
Conduct analytics to help us better understand our customers and improve our services, offerings and personalized experiences at our Sites as well as franchisee locations.
- Process and manage purchases made at Mar-Lin restaurants and on the Sites and use of Mar-Lin products and services.
- Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments related to our products and services on our social network pages, and take other actions in response to your questions, comments or Site activity.
- Communicate with you about special offers, services, and promotions for our brands, affiliates or third party partners that may be of interest to you.
- Communicate with you about your orders, purchases, and program participation.
- Provide you with specialized offers based on your Site activity or prior visits to our restaurants.
DOES MAR-LIN SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Mar-Lin will not disclose your personal information to third parties, except as provided below. We may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- We will only share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes with your prior consent, such as for a special joint marketing or promotional campaign.
- We may share your personal information with companies that provide services to us, such as credit card processors, gift card service providers, website hosts, email vendors, analytics providers, and other companies that help us provide services, support features on our site, or otherwise market our brands; however, such companies may only use that information to provide services on our behalf.
- We may share aggregated or anonymous information that does not identify you with third parties, and ensure that those third parties commit to not to attempt to re-identify anonymous information.
- We may share your personal information in the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, sale of assets, liquidation or other similar transaction.
MARKETING, TRACKING AND ANALYTICS
Mar-Lin, and Mar-Lins’ third party service providers on its behalf, may use the information you provide to it from your restaurant and online visits to conduct analytics to help us better understand our customers and improve our services, as well as to make you personalized offers and feature personalized experiences at our Sites. If you join our rewards programs and other special marketing campaigns, we may use your personal information, including demographic information, birthday, personal preferences, purchase history, and information about you from third party sources, including your location information, online browsing across time and third party sites to send you real time, geographically relevant and personalized offers, services, and promotions for our brands, affiliates or third party partners. Your participation in these special rewards programs and other marketing campaigns is completely up to you, and if at any point you no longer wish to be a member or participate in these programs, you may opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DOES MAR-LIN SECURE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Mar-lin takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information. Although no transmission of data over the Internet or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, Mar-Lin makes reasonable efforts to protect any information you share with us.
HOW DOES MAR-LIN TREAT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
Mar-Lin does not intend for any portion of the Site to be accessed or used by children under the age of thirteen, nor does Mar-lin intend to collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. By using the Site, you are representing that you are not under the age of thirteen. If we obtain knowledge that a child under the age of thirteen has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will promptly delete such information.
WHAT CHOICES DOES MAR-LIN OFFER ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may contact us at the email address or phone number below if you wish to view, edit or delete your personal information from our database, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional or informational emails from us, you may opt-out from receiving future emails from us by following the instructions for unsubscribing in the promotional or informational emails we send you or by contacting us at the email address or phone number below.
Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from us, we may still contact you about your account or any products or services you have purchased from you, and we will still respond to your inquiries or requests for information.
You may be able to manage how your browser handles cookies by adjusting your browser’s privacy or security settings. If you set your browser to reject cookies, please note that you may not be able to access certain features on our Sites.
Mar-Lin does not honor web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
When you download our mobile apps, you may be able to manage how your mobile device shares certain information with us by adjusting your mobile device’s privacy or security settings. In particular, you may elect whether to share location information with our mobile apps to access the mobile app’s location based services.
Please note that any information you choose to provide in a public setting, such as on Mar-Lin social network pages, is not only provided to Mar-Lin but may also be shared publicly. Use caution when posting or sharing information on social networking sites. You may also be able to manage the sharing of certain personal information when you connect with us through social networks by adjusting the privacy or security settings of your social network accounts.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to request annually, free of charge, information about what personal information Mar-Lin disclosed to third parties, including affiliates, for direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which Dine Brands shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. California residents may make such requests in writing to:
Attention: Privacy Manager
501 Penn Street
Reading, PA 19601